-->

Sunday 30 January 2011

captain speaking

𝔸 plane got a message on the PA system: "Ladies and gentlemen, this is the captain speaking. Welcome to Flight Number 869, from New York to San Francisco.

The weather ahead is good, and we should have a smooth and uneventful flight.

Now sit back and relax... Oh sh*t!"

Silence followed, and after a few minutes the captain came back on the PA system and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am sorry if I scared you earlier; but, while I was talking, the stewardess brought me a cup of coffee and spilled the hot coffee in my lapYou should see the front of my pants!"

A passenger in Economy said, "That's nothing. He should see the back of mine!"


"Should", originally the past of "shall", is used to give advice, like in the sentence "You should stop smoking". It's used to say what would be the right thing to do, or the right conditions for something.

Sign up to receive learning tips and advice here: https://www.rethabile-masilo.net/#blog
img_e-mail_address