-->

Monday 7 February 2011

mugging

𝔸 man being mugged by two thugs managed to put up a good fight. Finally, the thugs subdued him and took his wallet.

When finding only two euros in the wallet, the surprised thug said, "Why did you put up such a good fight?"

To which the man quickly replied "I was afraid that you would find the €600 hidden in my shoe!"


We say "six hundred euros." But remember that if this were used as an adjective (adjectives generally have no 's') we would say: "It's a six-hundred-euro laptop", with no 's'. Don't hesitate to revise your adjectives here. And here's something else that's interesting... the sentence "I was afraid that you would find the €600 hidden in my shoe." That's a conditional. "If I didn't put up a good fight, you would find the money in my shoe." Don't hesitate to do a conditionals quiz at this page.

Sign up to receive learning tips and advice here: https://www.rethabile-masilo.net/#blog
img_e-mail_address