-->

Wednesday 3 June 2020

why don't you...?

𝔸 lady approaches a priest and shyly tells him, "Father, I have a problem. I have these two female parrots but, they only know how to say one thing. They just keep saying 'Hey, we’re horny... why don't you come have sex with us?"

"That's terrible!" says the priest. "But, I have a solution to your problem. Bring your two parrots to my house tomorrow. I'll put them with my two male parrots... to whom I've taught prayer and bible study. My parrots will then teach your parrots to stop saying that terrible filth, and your female parrots will learn to pray and worship the good Lord."

So the next day, the lady takes her two female parrots to the priest's house. The priest's two male parrots are holding rosary beads and praying in their cage. The lady puts her female talking parrots in with the male talking parrots, and the female parrots say, "Hey we're horny. Why don't you have sex with us?”

One of the male parrots looks at the other male parrot and whispers from the side of his beak, "Put the bible down, you idiot, our prayers have been answered!"

"To keep doing something" means to do it regularly, or non-stop. And "whom" is the object of a verb, like "que" in French. Between "who" and "whom", the one you can replace with "he" in a sentence is "who," for example "He/who is John" or "I saw him/whom did you see". Let's make a table.

He | Him Who | Whom Example 1 Example 2
She's my neighbour Who's your neighbour? "She" is the subject "Who" is the subject
I gave it to him Whom did you give it to? "I" is the subject "You" is the subject
They told us yesterday Who told you yesterday? "Us" is not the subject "You" is not the subject
I saw them Whom did you see? "Them" is not the subject "Whom" is not the subject
rethabile-masilo.net

Try this quiz

Sign up to receive learning tips and advice here: https://www.rethabile-masilo.net/#blog
img_e-mail_address